Well, I screwed up. It turns out a major selling point of Bok’s Butterflies wasn’t working at all. The life cycle of the butterflies wasn’t working at all. It all boils down to a misunderstanding on my part. So this week I have a new release that fixes this feature.
I’ve finally released the butterfly mod, but I’m still not done. Now I’m working on the next release which will have a few extra features. This week I’ve been working on Butterfly Scrolls – a new way to create a collection of butterflies.
We are on the road to release! This week I finally finished the first version of the mod and have pushed an official version of my mod out to the world. It’s taken me a while, but I finally have this simple butterfly mod out in the wild.
I wrote an article recently about my initial attempts to data drive Minecraft. Since then I’ve made a lot of progress with the system. I can create block items, spawn eggs, armor, tools, and food. I’ve added a spell system and can now attach spells to items.
One thing that’s been bugging me about modding for Minecraft is how much code you need to define data. I decided to see if it’s possible to data drive item creation with Forge.