In a previous post I showed how I developed the “related posts” feature on this site, as well as the CSS I used to make it look nice.
If you’ve made it to the end of any of my recent posts, you’ll notice the addition of some related posts for you to explore.
I recently got around to redesigning my blog. The whole design uses only the colours available on the Commodore 64 – the first computer I ever made video games for. The theme is based on the underscores theme, a bare bones theme that supports sass.
I can’t believe I’ve only just discovered sass. Sass is a preprocessor for css that makes editing your site’s style much more manageable. It includes things like variables and scoping that makes editing style a lot easier. Sass can then be compiled to normal css and used in any website.
As a volunteer for Dragon Burn I am responsible for maintaining the Dragon Burn website. Part of that responsibility is curating images created by the Dragon Burn Community. As with other aspects of running a Burn, what seems like a simple task can have some unique challenges.
Social media links can help a site gain a following. They can allow people to share pages and follow your social media pages. There are several plugins that can add links for you and they can work quite well.
I wanted to split up my content in a neat and tidy way. I realised the easiest way to do this would be to split up my content by category.
When making a new post one day I came across a bug in my website. I created a new post, attached a featured image, and hit preview. I got a messed up page that had two copies of my featured image above the page content.
The default excerpts in WordPress are, in my opinion, a bit crap. All images and subheadings are stripped out and it always stops in the middle of a sentence. It also ends in that “[…]” which I don’t li.
I spent the better part of last week improving my blog, and I figured I would write about my experiences. WordPress is a great platform and I’m having fun working with it.